Sunday, November 22, 2009

Astoria Merchant Of The Week - Salon Tiara

So, I thought I would start a little weekly post that gives kudos to particularly awesome Astoria merchants. There are so many great business around here and I would really like to show my support, in addition to my patronage. :)

This week's AMOTW is Salon Tiara on 31st Street at 23rd Avenue.


Photo Credit: Wikipages

When I first moved here to Astoria, I was saddened to have to give up my usual nail salon back home in Long Island. One Saturday morning I decided to finally journey out in search of a replacement, and lo and behold, I found Salon Tiara.

First of all, the atmosphere is very warm and welcoming. Everyone greets you with a smile as soon as you walk in the door. The walls are painted in soft shades of purple and funky little chandeliers hang from the ceiling. Brightly colored flowers and cutely decorated books detailing the salon's many services adorn the available surfaces.

It is a very feminine place, but not overpoweringly so. Sue, the sweet and helpful owner, is very adamant about promoting a non-judgemental and comfortable atmosphere for both women AND men. In fact, every time I've been there, I have seen men of all ages indulging in massages, manicures, and pedicures, sometimes alone and sometimes with their wives or girlfriends.

The staff is friendly and professional. The space and equipment are clean and they definitely made sure to get the most out of a limited space. The quality of their work is great - trust me, I'm very particular about how my nails are done. They offer a wide range of typical salon services at reasonable prices, as well as a selection of specialty spa pedicures. For my birthday in September, I treated myself to the Tropical Fantasy pedicure...my legs and feet have never felt so soft.

All in all, Salon Tiara is THE place to go if you are in the mood to royally pamper yourself and not break the bank.

Salon Tiara
23-02 31st Street
Astoria, NY 11105
T: (718) 204-1527
Typical Services:
Manicure - $8
Pedicure - $15
15-Minute Chair Massages - $15

No comments:

Post a Comment