Monday, November 9, 2009

T.G.I.M.! Oh, wait...

Hello Lovelies! Happy Monday!


Well, as you may have guessed, I survived that housewarming party on Saturday night. It was a close call, but I actually managed to get everything on my list finished. I hung the last framed picture about 10 minutes before the first guest showed, but that still counts, right? And, best of all, a cohesive theme seems to have emerged out of my decorating! I don't know what to call it exactly, but still...it's a theme!


I even threw together some nifty flower arrangements, which was incredibely easy. It was really just a matter of picking the colors I wanted and the right "filler" (ex. Baby's Breath). I went to Astoria Flower Mart on 31st Street at 23rd Avenue, right under the NW tracks. The owners are very nice people and extremely helpful, but it was definitely more money than I anticipated for loose flowers. I think I'll stick to using them for more special occasions. If you're in the area, I'd suggest going over to 30th Avenue. There are a few markets that sell very pretty and inexpensive bouqets that can easily be taken apart, trimmed, and re-arranged.



This one was my favorite, but the daisies are beginning to wilt already. I'm trying to prolong them by refrshing the water every day, so we'll see how long they last.I just love the yellow and red colors; they really pop against the blue of my living room walls!





For this vase, I had originally wanted sunflowers. The bookshelf is at the top of my staircase and I have yet to find a piece of art to go above it. Until then, I like to get tall stalks to really make a statement. I think these worked out well. Plus, I love the purple-blue color!











When I eventually get married, this is what I want my bridal bouqet to look like. I love the Autumn look of roses and leaves. The orange makes a nice contrast with the green table, which actually happens to be a refurbished sewing table that I found at an antique shop in the Poconos last summer.



Unfortunately, I do not have any food pictures to show off...mainly because I was banned from the kitchen. I swear, my cooking isn't that bad! Boyfriend developed a menu and he is a bit of a Kitchen Nazi...meaning there was no time or room for me to bake the cookies I had finally settled on. Maybe that's for the best...hmm.


In other news, I received a FABULOUS delivery in the mail today!





























My vintage Salt & Pepper shakers from By The Tire Swing! I had the AMAZING honor of having the first purchase on their Etsy boutique. I received a lovely little thank you note, and the shakers were wrapped so nicely! These ladies are defnitely a class act and I would recommend checking them out for your holiday shopping. Kudos to Harlow Monroe for alerting me to this fantastic find via Twitter!





The shakers now have a lovely new home!





Last but not least (for this post anyway), I wanted to express my gratitude for those of you who have been sending me such kind words of support and motivation. You have no idea how much it means to me! So...


Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!


That's all for now! Have a wonderful night!





1 comment:

  1. The flower arrangements look awesome! As do your new salt & pepper shakers :)

    ReplyDelete